How to prepare Canarian Gofio mousse
An excellent Canarian dessert made out of the typical canarian gofio.
Sweet and delicious. Many typical canarian food restaurants, serve this rich gofio mousse to top off an ordinary menu.
- 500 grams of gofio
- 2 egg whites
- 2 buds
- 100 grams of whipping cream
- Chopped almonds
An ideal recipe of canarian pastries, very simple and delicious that will leave all diners with a unique sweetness and a delicious aftertaste of gofio.
A very simple elaboration in which we will only have to whip the cream and the egg whites until stiff.
Okay… so what is the best way to whip the cream?
- Always cold, well freshly taken out of the fridge or placing the bowl on another one full of ice.
- In case of mounting with a fork, we will have to maintain a stable rhythm without varying. It is important to control the thickness to which the cream is turning.
- Whipping cream with a whisk is much easier and will take a lot less time.
- However it is very easy for us to pass and end up turning our cream into butter.
- Once we have whipped the cream, we will whip the egg whites until stiff.
How to whip the egg whites until stiff?
- It’s the same procedure as with cream. We beat to get a cloudy, fluffy texture.
- Our recommendation is to add sugar before wiping the egg to create a meringue.
- Once we have both foams, we will beat the yolks next to the gofio to obtain a relatively thick liquid mass.
- We incorporate everything into a bowl, mixing it with a baking spoon from the outside to the inside, to prevent an air escaping from the cream and meringue, only then will we have the texture of the Gofio mousse.
- We end up adding cinnamon and our chopped almonds and afterwards let it rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
And we are ready to enjoy an excellent mousse of Canarian Gofio, ideal for dessert.