How to prepare rabbit in Salmorejo Canario?
The rabbit in Salmorejo Canario is a real delicacy and reflects the incredible influence of South American in the gastronomic culture of the Canary Islands.
A dish made of a very healthy meat, tasty and very cheap as it is the rabbit.
5 to 12 hours
- 2 kg rabbit
- One head of garlic
- A pinch of paprika
- 1 little bit of pepper
- Cut the rabbit into medium slices and put it in a pot with salt
- Prepare a mash with garlic and a handful of gross salt.
- Toss the paprika and pepper to the paste and continue making the mash, which will turn into a reddish color.
- Add vinegar and while moving add the oil slowly until you get a good mixture with all the ingredients.
- Add the paste to the rabbit and we move it well so that the flavors get impregnated to the meat.
- Pour a glass of wine and a laurel leaf togehter with the rosemary and thyme and let it stand for minimum 4 hours.
- Mash it with a glass of white wine and add a laurel leaf, some rosemary and thyme.
- Add oil in a high pan and frie the rabbit slices.
- When there is almost no oil left, incorporate the sauce and cook it.
- Add the rabbit to the sauce to give a last boil and let it rest.
The Rabbit with Salmorejo Canario is an excellent dish to enjoy a tasty and healthy meat like the rabbit.