How to prepare Rancho Canario?
Rancho Canario is one of the most frequent stews in the canarian house. A centenary recipe that combines noodles with legumes and a unique flavor, which represents the typical cuisine of the archipelago.
2-4 hours, resting time of the stew included.
Ingredients for 4 people:
To make the stew you will need:
- A pinch of cumin in grain
- A handful of parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 spice glove
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 4 strands of saffron or dye failing
- Half teaspoon of thyme
And for the broth:
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- Approx. 270 g peeled potatoes cut into medium pieces
- A good sausage
- 250 g cooked and drained chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Water to cover almost of the broth
- 250 g noodles
- Prepare the stew, crushing all the ingredients that we have pointed out for it in a mortar or a disposer.
- Add the chopped potatoes, olive oil, chorizo and salt in a cauldron.
- Add the water to cover a little more than twice the potatoes added.
- Bring it to boiling and add the noodles and the chickpeas.
- Add the stew and some salt.
- Let it boil for 45 minutes over medium high heat, until we begin to see how the water begins to reduce and thicken.
- Try the potatoes and chickpeas and when they are ready, lower the fire and let it rest.
- Turn it off and let stand for an hour.
- Serve with a good Canarian cheese.