How to prepare Polvito Uruguayo?
The Polvito Uruguayo is one of the most famous Canarian dessert. Well done and with a perfect balance between sweet and salty.
As its name indicates, it is a recipe of Uruguayan origin whose main ingredient is a kind of caramel called dulce de leche.
20 minutes + 1 hour cooling down
- Half kilo of milk caramel
- 2 packs of biscuits
- 70 grams butter
- 200 milliliters of whipping cream
- 2 packs of meringue
- First of all you have to mash the biscuits and mix them with the butter to create a consistent base.
- Mount the cream (always cold). You will know that it is perfect when does not move and has meringue texture.
- Put the crushed biscuits on the bottom of the pot and cover it with a light layer milk caramel.
- Put a layer of cream on it and add another cover of milk caramel.
- Finish with the rest of the cream and put in the fridge for an hour.
- We grind in irregular pieces the meringue all over the surface.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes and it will be ready to serve.
And ready is this simple and very delicious recipe. Without any doubt, the Polvito Uruguayo will fill the palates of your guests with flavor and sweetness.