How to prepare Vieja Sancochada?
- 1 big tomato
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1 green pepper
- 2 garlic-laminated cloves
- 1 chives or leeks
- Olive oil
- 4 viejas (fish)
- Add olive oil in a pot and fry the tomato, previously cut into two halves, as well as the garlic, pepper and leek.
- Fill it with water until the middle of the pot, add the laurel leaf and a handful of salt.
- Once the water is hot, add the fish.
- After cooking remove the fish carefully, since it is a very delicate fish.
- And remove the broth that we can use to make a soft scalded gofio with the scent of vegetables and fish.
- Serve the fish with some green mojo and wrinkled potatoes.
The Vieja Sancochada is one of those dishes that combines the richness of the Atlantic Ocean on your palate. One of the most emblematic flavors of the Canary Islands.